Grilling prawns is one of the most simplest barbecue recipes. Here is a Chef’s recipe of grilled pawns with tangy orange sauce that is surely going to make your summer!
12 jumbo prawns, shelled and heads and tails
1/4 cup butter (approx 65 grams)
1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
1 teaspoon ginger root, freshly grated
1. Soak a dozen long wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. This prevents them from burning.
2. De-vein the prawns keeping the shell in tact.
3. Then push skewers through prawns, lengthwise, from head to tail with only 1 to a skewer.
3. Combine all ingredients in saucepan and cook over medium to low heat, stirring, until butter is completely melted.
4. Dip skewered prawn in the orange sauce and position on oiled grill rack about 4 inches above the coals.
4. Baste liberally with sauce and grill for 2 minutes.
5. Turn the prawn over and baste again, cooking for another 2 minutes.
6. Smaller prawn will be done at this point, but continue basting and turning larger prawn until they are pink and cooked through.
7. Remove from heat immediately when done, as overcooking will make toughen the meat. Use any remaining sauce for a dip for the prawns.
Your grilled prawns are now ready!