Chocolate cupcakes are mouth-watering, delicious, and pretty. They are one of the most sought after desserts to serve at a party. Here is an easy chocolate cupcake recipe to treat yourself. You don’t need to be a pro to make these. The chocolate fudge frosting is another reason for all the chocoholics to try out these chocolate cupcakes. I am sure they are irresistible. 😉
For chocolate cupcakes:
- ½ cup or 50 gm unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling hot water
- 1 1/3 cup or 175 grams all purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup butter, salted, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the chocolate fudge frosting:
- 120 gm unsweetened or semi sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup or 150 gm butter, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cup or 160 gm powdered or icing sugar, sifted
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190 C (375 F). Line the muffin cups with paper liners and keep them aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the boiling hot water with the cocoa powder till it is smooth. Cool.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until it becomes fluffy and light.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Pour in the vanilla extract. Add the sifted flour and beat until mixed well.
- Add the cooled cocoa mixture and stir until smooth.
- Fill 2/3 of the muffin cups with the batter and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until it rises. Check if it’s done by inserting a toothpick.
- Remove from oven and let them cool. Once cooled, frost with icing.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler. Remove from heat and let it cool to room temperature.
- Beat the butter until it is smooth and creamy. Add in the sugar and beat again for about two minutes until it is light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and add the chocolate. Beat lightly initially. Then increase the speed and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until it is smooth and glossy.
- Use a star tip to make swirls on the cupcakes.
- Though they are best on the day they are made, they can be covered and stored for a few days.