A simple and aromatic seafood dish, prawn curry or shrimp curry is a delight for seafood lovers. Bring it to the table and you’ll know what we are talking about.
- 750gm shelled and de-veined shrimps
- ¼ cup ghee
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 ½ tbsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 8 to 10 curry leaves
- 1 cup tomatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp jaggery
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves and green chilies for garnishing
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp sambhar powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- Heat ghee on medium heat and add the onions. Stir and fry till golden brown.
- Add garlic, curry leaves and ginger. Fry for 1 – 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add all the dry spices and fry for a minute. Add the tomatoes, jaggery, salt and tamarind paste.
- Stir and mix well. Bring to boil. Cover and cook for another 10 – 15 minutes, stirring once or twice in between.
- Add the shrimps. Mix well to coat the shrimps with the masala. Cook uncovered on medium heat till the shrimps are tender. Do not overcook.
Garnish and serve hot with rice.