Who doesn’t love cheesecakes? Amongst the various mango recipes on Cukzy, mango cheesecake is my personal favourite. This no bake cheesecake recipe is a little different from the conventional New York cheesecakes; perhaps slightly Asian. But we haven’t compromised on the taste. This mango cheesecake is made with cottage cheese and china grass (replacing gelatin), with a fine shining mango glaze. Perfect ending to a meal.
- 160 gm digestive biscuits, crushed and powdered.
- 100 gm butter.
- 160 gm or 1 cup powdered sugar
- 800 gm or 3 cups full cream yogurt
- 400 gm or 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 ½ cup water
- 10 gm China grass
- 2 mangoes peeled, chopped and pureed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Mango Glaze:
- 1 mango peeled, chopped and pureed
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
For the Crust:
- Place the yogurt in cheesecloth lined colander over a container and allow to drain overnight to get half the quantity of thick yogurt (400 gm).
- Take the crushed biscuits in a bowl and mix in the butter. Press this mixture into the base of a springform pan. Let it set in the freezer for 15 minutes or in the refrigerator for half an hour.
For the Filling:
- Meanwhile, take the strained yogurt and cottage cheese in a blender and process til it becomes smooth and creamy. Transfer this into a mixing bowl.
- Soak the china grass in 1½ cups water and keep aside for 10 minutes till it becomes soft. Transfer it into a saucepan and heat on low flame till it dissolves. In another saucepan heat the mango puree and mix in the china grass. Keep stirring.
- Slowly add the mango mixture to the creamy one, stir in the sugar and vanilla extract and beat till well blended.
- Pour this mixture over the set crust, level it with a spoon and refrigerate for an hour or two.
For the Glaze:
- Cook all the ingredients together in a saucepan over medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes. Allow to cool at room temperature.
- Spread it on the cheese cake with a spoon and refrigerate for another 2 to 3 hours before slicing.