Ravioli is nothing but stuffed pasta. As they are boiled, they are light on the stomach and can make a great supper or starter again depending on the kind of filling you do. You’ve a variety of choices for the filling. This is a spinach and chicken ravioli – a healthy and easy ravioli recipe for you to make a perfect home-made Italian meal.
For the Ravioli:
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup water
- 3 ¾ cups of sifted flour
- 1 ½ tsp salt
For the Filling:
- 1 cup of ground, cooked chicken
- ¾ cup spinach, washed, drained & chopped
- Chopped veggies like carrots or cabbage or even corn (optional)
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- Dash of pepper
- Combine the eggs and water in a large bowl, add 2 cups of sifted flour and salt and beat well.
- Gradually stir in the remaining flour and stir to make moderately stiff dough. Knead on a floured surface for 8 to 10 minutes till the dough is smooth.
- Divide it into two parts. Cover and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Roll each part into a thin rectangle and then cut out 2 inch squares.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the filling by combining the chicken, spinach, veggies, melted butter, cheese, salt, nutmeg and pepper.
- Place a teaspoon of the filling in the centre of the square. Moisten the edges of the square and cover it with another square. Seal the edges with a fork.
- Once done with all the squares, set them aside for an hour to dry, turning once.
- Cook these ravioli in a large vessel of rapidly boiling salted water for 7 to 8 minutes or until tender. Rinse in cold water and drain well.
- Place in bowl and pour spaghetti sauce over it. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Your ravioli is now ready to eat!