Cukzy picks a recipe by Tarla Dalal as a tribute to the great chef. Tarla Dalal passed away on 6th November 2013 at the age of 77. She was in the culinary world for 40 years and made her mark with more than 100 cook books and television shows. She was awarded the Padma Shri in 2007.
Bournbourn Choco Delight is Tarla Dalal’s own unique take on chocolate dessert. Hope you enjoy it.
For the cake:
16 bourbon biscuits
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup milk
8 to 10 marie biscuits
1/4 tsp coffee powder
1 milkmaid tube (optional)
1/2 Chocolate Sauce
2 cups whipped cream *
4 tbsp chopped mixed nuts
For the cake:
1. In a mixer make a fine powder of borboun buscuits and sugar. Add baking soda and mitha soda
2. Add milk, blend to a very fine paste
3.Grease baking dish and pour the cake in the baking dish and put it in microwave at 360 degrees power and convection 200 degrees(combi mode) for 6 min.
Unmould when cool.
How to proceed:
1. Crush marie buscuits coarsly. Set it in a pudding bowl
2. Soak them with instant coffee liquid(boil 3/4 cup of water and add 1/4 tsp of coffee powder)
3. Cover it with a thin layer of milkmaid
4. Pour over a thin layer of chocolate sauce. Sprinkle nuts.
5. Now cover the buscuit base with cake flan.
6. Soak the cake with sugar syrup(2 tablespoon sugar in 1 cup water,boil it)
7. Pour the whipped cream over the cake evenly. Spread little chocolate sauce over it,and decorate it with nuts.
Note: *whipped cream-chill cream,beat it till it doubles,fold it with 4 tablespoon of powdered sugar and 1/4 tsp of vanilla essence)