Bread and eggs are popular combinations for breakfast (and my favourite). This time I gave the English muffin a try. The good thing about using it for a sandwich is it doesn’t crumble or become messy like the usual breads. I think its perfect bread for an on-the-go breakfast. English muffins are half-baked so it tastes good when toasted. Here’s what I paired it with.
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp pepper
1 tbsp butter
2 English Muffins
2 slices of Cheddar cheese (I’m going to try goat cheese next time, so you can give it try before me 🙂 )
Slices of tomatoes, about 2 in each sandwich
- Beat the eggs in a bowl until they turn a pale yellow. The more air the eggs incorporate, the more fluffy your scrambled eggs will be.
- Add the milk and pepper, and give it a good whisk. Season with salt.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan. Light stir while pouring the eggs in the pan. Stir only occasionally, allowing the eggs to fluff as they cook. When the eggs are nearly done, turn off the heat to avoid the eggs from browning. The eggs will continue to cook for a while even if they’re taken off the heat.
- Split the English muffins. Poke the sides of the bread with a fork and gently open it. Avoid using a knife.
- Toast the muffin slices in a toaster or on a non-stick pan on both sides. I like to lightly butter up my muffin, although that’s now how its usually toasted 🙂
- Layer it up! Scrambled eggs with tomatoes and cheese in an English muffin.