Banoffee pie is the unison of banana and toffee. Its a pastry-based dessert that is easy to make, and heavenly to indulge. Banoffee pie recipe has seen many variations, each better than the other. Here is where you’ll learn how to make banoffee pie that’s simple and easy. We’re sure this banana dessert is going drive you bananas! Have fun!
1 tin milkmaid (or any canned condensed milk)
1 1/2 packet of digestive biscuits
2 big bananas, sliced
50 ml melted butter
1 pack whipped cream
1 tsp icing sugar
1 tsp of coffee
1 tsp cocoa
1/2 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
1. Caramalise the condensed milk in a double boiler till it turns slightly brownish in colour.
2. In a shallow dish, crush the biscuits coarsly and mix in the melted butter. Ths allows the crushed biscuits to set to the bottom of the dish as base for the pie.
3. Spread the caramelized condensed milk on the biscuit base.
4. Layer the bananas on the condensed milk.
5. In a bowl, add the cream, icing sugar, and vanilla essence. Whip.
6. Add the whipped cream mixture on top of the bananas. Layer evenly.
7. Finish the pie by dusting cocoa powder and coffee powder.
Refrigerate the banoffee pie for an hour or two before serving.
This recipe has been contributed by our reader, Sakshi Gaurav.