Here is one of the delicious summer salad recipes that is a must-have to cool off the heat. Watermelon has about 92 per cent of water and is a major source of vitamin C, making it an ideal summer fruit. Why not make a watermelon salad that surprises everyone! Salads are a healthy and delicious additions to your summer diet, so get up and try out this salad recipe!
1 whole watermelon
3-4 madras onions (shallots)
4 tsp vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
100 gms fetta cheese, crumbled
6-8 mint sprigs
salt & pepper for taste
1. Cut the melon in small bite size cubes( discard the seeds)
2. Peel the onions and cut rings.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine vinegar, salt, pepper and whisk until salt is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the olive oil, few drops at a time. Lastly, add the chopped mint leaves.
4. In a large bowl, combine the melon, onion and the fetta.
5. Pour the dressing and toss gently until evenly coated.
6. Use mint sprigs as garnish.