Here is a fascinatingly beautiful variation to the regular fried rice. Pineapple is a fruit that is often used in different food recipes – and welcomed every time!
- 2 cups of basmati rice, cooked and cooled
- 2 cups mixed vegetables diced and half boiled (carrot and French beans)
- 1 cup chopped spring onion
- 3 red chilies crushed coarsely
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup chopped pineapple (canned)
- 2 tbsp of pineapple syrup from the can
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 -3 tbsp white vinegar
- 5 tbsp soya sauce
- 5 tbsp oil
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in a wok. Add crushed garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add the vegetables and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pineapple slices and the syrup and cook until the syrup has been absorbed.
- Add all the other ingredients along with the rice and mix well.