Pav bhaji is one of the most favourite street-foods of Mumbai. To counter the unhealthy snacks for your children, pav bhaji is one of the healthy snack food and vegetarian dinners. Pav bhaji recipes vary according to taste. Cheese pav bhaji is the latest addition to the pav bhaji versions. Learn how to make pav bhaji the easy way!
2 onions, medium-sized, chopped
4 tomatoes, medium-sized, chopped
3 potatoes – medium-sized, chopped
1 capsicum, deseeded, chopped
1 cup green peas
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
4 tbsp oil
1 tsp pav bhaji masala ( We recommend Everest)
1/2 tsp red chilli powder (depending on your taste)
Salt to taste
Butter to fry pavs
Chopped coriander and wedged lemons for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a vessel. Add in the ginger-garlic paste, and half of the onions. Saute till onions soften.
2. Add in the tomatoes, and cover and cook till oil separates.
3. Now add in the vegetables along with a cup of water. Allow to cook for five minutes on low flame, till the vegetables are tender.
4. Mash the vegetables with the back of a ladle or potato masher.
5. Add in the pav bhaji masala, red chilli powder, and salt. Mix well and allow to simmer over heat for two-five minutes.
6. On a tawa, heat butter and fry the pavs till light brown and crisp on both sides.
Your pav bhaji is now ready. Serve garnished with the remaining chopped onions, coriander, and lemons.