Orange chiffon cake is a refreshing baking delight in summers. A beautiful fusion of orange, and sponge cake with a light, creamy texture, the orange chiffon cake is the perfect bake for special occasions or to simply call it a special day. Here is the colourful orange chiffon cake recipe for Cukzy readers!
- 125 gms self raising flour
- 1 ½ tbsp baking powder
- 150 gm Sugar
- 4 tbsp salad oil
- 3 egg yolks
- 6 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp grated orange rind
- 1 tsp lemon essence
- 4 – 5 egg whites
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- Sift the self raising flour and baking powder together.
- Beat the egg yolks, sugar, salad oil, water, orange rind, and lemon extract in a mixer or with an egg beater.
- Beat the egg whites with cream of tartar and salt, separately.
- Fold the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
- Add the flour lightly.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased cake tin/dish. Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Cool it and ice it with whipped cream and sprinkle with grated orange rind.