Nargisi kababs are popular on the Iftar table. Nargisi kabab is egg covered with minced meat. I would say it is shami kabab (recipe here)with an egg filling. One of the easy and favorite starters in Ramadan, Nargisi Kebab is one of my family’s favorite and a big hit with egg fans. You can check other Kebab Recipes and Ramadan Recipes here. Instead of chana dal, you can also use 1 cup roasted gram flour/besan to bind the meat.
5 eggs, hard boiled
500 grams mince meat
1 cup chana dal (split chickpeas)
3 green chillies, deseeded and chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
5 black peppercorns
1 tsp whole cumin
3 cups water
1 egg, beaten
Oil for deep frying
1. Soak the chana dal for an hour.
2. In a vessel, add the mince meat and the chana dal. Add enough water to cover the meat.
3. Add in the green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, whole spices, and salt. Cook the meat and lentils till the water has dried out.
4. Keep the mixture aside to cool. Grind the meat mixture in a grinder till it has a dough-like consistency.
5. Slice the eggs half, length-wise. Lightly grease your palms, and flatten a small amount of the meat mixture. Cover each half of the eggs with the meat mixture.
6. Dilute the beaten egg with two teaspoons of water. Heat oil in a pan. Dip the kababs in the beaten egg, and deep fry.