Nargisi kababs are popular on the Iftar table. Nargisi kabab is egg covered with minced meat. I would say it is shami kabab (recipe here)with an egg filling. One of the easy and favorite starters in Ramadan, Nargisi Kebab is one of my family’s favorite and a big hit with egg fans. You can check other Kebab Recipes and Ramadan Recipes here. Instead of chana dal, you can also use 1 cup roasted gram flour/besan to bind the meat.
5 eggs, hard boiled
500 grams mince meat
1 cup chana dal (split chickpeas)
3 green chillies, deseeded and chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
5 black peppercorns
1 tsp whole cumin
3 cups water
1 egg, beaten
Oil for deep frying
1. Soak the chana dal for an hour.
2. In a vessel, add the mince meat and the chana dal. Add enough water to cover the meat.
3. Add in the green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, whole spices, and salt. Cook till the meat and lentils are done and the water has dried out.
4. Keep the mixture aside to cool. Grind the meat mixture in a grinder till it has a dough-like consistency.
5. Slice the eggs half, length-wise. Lightly grease your palms, and flatten a small amount of the meat mixture. Cover each half of the eggs with the meat mixture.
6. Dilute the beaten egg with two teaspoons of water. Heat oil in a pan. Dip the kababs in the beaten egg, and deep fry.