Here is a delicious methi recipe by one of my friends. I would love to tag it as ‘methi with a twist’. There is cream and no significant ‘masalas’. Yet it is perfectly seasoned. Tried and tested and just ideal for those who don’t have a taste for leafy-veg. The chilly and the cream measurements can be according to your taste. Tell us how it was.
100 grams kasoori methi or fresh methi, chopped
3 onions, chopped
2-3 green chillies (as per taste), coarsely ground
1/2 cup cream (the cream should not be thick. Smoothen the cream by adding milk)
1 cup green peas, boiled
1. Heat oil and add the chopped onions. Fry till they turn pink.
2. Add the chilly paste and salt to the onions and saute for about 5-10 minutes.
3. Add the cream. Allow to simmer while continuously stirring for about 5 minutes.
4. Add in the peas and allow to simmer.
5. Finally, add in the methi. Allow to cook for 10 minutes till the methi is done. You can use a teaspoon of black pepper powder if dish tastes sweet.