Mac n cheese is one of the favorite pasta dishes of America. Here is an easy way to make this South American classic at home. This dish serves great as a side with chicken or lamb chops or as a main with salad and bread.
· 2 cups uncooked macaroni (pasta)
· 5 tablespoons butter
· 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 1 tsp salt
· ½ tsp pepper
· 1 ½ cups milk
· 2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
· 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Boil the macaroni, drain and keep aside.
- In a saucepan, melt 4 tbsp butter on medium heat, stir in the flour, salt and pepper until it becomes a smooth paste. Add the milk and bring it to a boil, cook and stir it for 2 minutes or until it is thickened.
- Add the cheese, while reducing the flame, keep stirring until the cheese melts.
- Grease the baking dish and transfer the macaroni to it and pour the cheese sauce over it. Mix it.
- Melt the remaining 1 tbsp butter add the bread crumbs to it. Sprinkle it on top and bake it, uncovered at 180C for approximately 30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown.