2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch strips
1 large egg
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 pinch each salt & pepper
Oil (for frying)
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp water
½ Tbsp sesame oil
1½ Tbsp sugar
1½ Tbsp rice vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, cornflour, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss the chicken in the egg and cornstarch mixture. Marinate for 20 minutes.
2. Heat a large skillet with vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Deep fry the chicken until it is golden brown and cooked through (about 7-10 minutes). Drain off the excess oil.
3. Prepare the sauce. In a small bowl stir together the soy sauce, water, sesame oil, brown sugar, rice vinegar, minced garlic, cornstarch, and sesame seeds.
4. Heat a tbsp of oil in a wok and pour in the sauce. Cook till the sauce thickens. Mix in the honey.
5. Place the chicken in the sauce and toss to coat the chicken with the sauce.