Quesadillas are great for lunch or appetizers, depending upon the filling. They are of Mexican origin and contain cheese. Originally, quesadilla is cheese folded in a tortilla, but this recipe has vegetables and chicken to serve as a wholesome meal.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 – 2 cups diced mushrooms
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 2 – 4 large flour tortillas
- In a skillet, heat oil, fry the onion, mushrooms, green pepper, chili powder, salt and pepper until liquid is evaporated, takes about 8 minutes. Transfer into bowl.
- Meanwhile, add barbecue sauce to the chicken and stir to coat. Set out cheese, corn and green onions in separate bowls.
- Add ingredients to half of each tortilla. Fold tortilla over; press onto filling. Bake at (200°C) for approximately 20 minutes, turning once, until golden and the cheese is melted
- Cut into halves or quarters.
Your quesadilla is ready to serve!