Aglio e Olio means Garlic and Oil in Italian. Chef Jawad Munshi brings to you traditional Italian spaghetti recipe, tossing it in with prawns. Enjoy making Italian pasta at home – simply traditional.
1. 6 medium sized prawns
2. 3 garlic cloves
3. 1 fresh thai red chilli
4. 2 tbsp olive oil
6. 85 grams angel hair or spaghetti (uncooked)
1. Clean and vein the prawns, cut them vertically in half.
2. In a pan, heat olive oil. Add the prawns and saute.
3. Add fine julienne of garlic and sauté it till light brown, and coats the prawns.
4. Add fine julienne of red chili (deseeded) and sauté for 30 seconds. Make sure the chilies don’t burn
5. If required, add few tsp of veg stock. Adjust seasoning.
6. Toss in the blanched pasta and parsley julienne.
7. Finish with Parmesan (do not cook the parmesan on direct flame).